What Trump has said but is actually not true
May 6, 2016 Leave a comment
… Plus other things he’s done or didn’t!
[I didn’t bother with the “truth” in some cases below because it was obvious.]
- Trump declared on national TV that Ted Cruz’s father “was with Lee Harvey Oswald prior to Oswald’s being — you know, shot. What was he doing with Lee Harvey Oswald shortly before the death? Before the shooting? It’s horrible.”
- Trump called women he didn’t like “fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals.”
- Trump stated that “Ebola is much easier to transmit than the CDC and government representatives are admitting.” Trump then ratcheted up the fear factor (as usual) by declaring, “The U.S. must immediately stop all flights from Ebola infected countries or the plague will start and spread inside our borders.” Trump even wanted US healthworks working in Africa to be banned from returning to the US.
- Trump shared the thoughts of white supremacists on his Twitter feed, such as one falsely claiming “Blacks Killed by Blacks – 97%.”
- Trump had manually copied and sent out a tweet mocking Jeb Bush by a white supremacist with the Twitter handle “White Genocide”.
- Trump said “I don’t know anything about what you’re even talking about with white supremacy or white supremacists.” After an endorsement by former KKK wizard David Duke, who had stated voting against Trump “would be treason to your heritage.” After the media firestorm Trump finally condemned Duke.
- Trump claims that “thousands” of Muslims cheered in New Jersey on 9/11 (no evidence).
- Trump alleged that Obama wants to bring in 200,000 Syrian refugees (actual amount is about 10,000).
- Trump recent false claim that the 2016 federal spending bill funds “illegal immigrants coming through Phoenix.”
- Trump claims that “Don’t believe those phony numbers when you hear 4.9 and 5 percent unemployment. The number’s probably 28, 29, as high as 35. In fact, I even heard recently 42 percent.” But no proof when asked.
- Trump said the number of illegal immigrants in the United States is “30 million, it could be 34 million” but according to research done by professionals, it’s around 10 million.
- Trump claims that “Frankly, (Hillary Clinton) doesn’t do very well with women.” Actually she is doing very well.
- A Trump television ad shows Mexicans swarming over “our southern border.” Footage was actually from Morocco – nowhere near the US last I checked.
- Trump said “I never said that” in which Marco Rubio was Mark Zuckerberg’s personal senator but it was on his own web site.
- Trump said Bernie Sanders is going to “tax you people at 90 percent.” If so, no point in working.
- Trump (the economics expert) says that “The last quarter, it was just announced, our gross domestic product … was below zero. Who ever heard of this? It’s never below zero.” Actually, it has happened 42 times.
- Trump said President Barack Obama’s recent New York fundraising trip “cost between $25 million and $50 million.” How do you spend that much on a trip? Give each donor a Lamborghini?
- Trump said “The people that went to school with (Barack Obama), they never saw him, they don’t know who he is.” Many of Obama’s classmates say otherwise.
- Trump said the GOP primary and caucuses are “rigged” against him. Meanwhile he has basically won and he himself wanted to change the process where he would be declared the nominee even if he didn’t get the required number of delegates.